City wanderings - and a pilgrimage to some of the best eating and drinking spots in Brussels. Or maybe not eating or drinking - ah, oh well.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

English Fried Breakfast


It is a truth universally acknowledged, that writing about food does not make you a good cook.  Instead my Friday ambitions for a summery combination of pasta, bacon, pesto,and minty mozzarella turned out to be a bland disappointment.


Not so the following morning!  My first ever English fried breakfast goes astonishingly well, and is even deemed a success by my (French) sous-chef for the morning.  Praise indeed!

Fried bread, bacon, egg(s), sausage, tomato, mushrooms and baked beans commonly make up the "Full English" breakfast, but you can add to that things like black pudding (which I would avoid, if I were you).  Sometimes there are fewer ingredients, but more commonly you'll be offered cereals, toast and marmalade with your Full English as well.  Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment